Sunday, June 29, 2014

Happy 17th Birthday Savannah!

As many of you know from my last blog post, Ana and the kids were in town this week. Of course that meant most of our week revolved around spending as much time with them as we could!

On Tuesday Ana needed to get an oil change, so the kids and I went to the park. Lauren had been asking me to play some tennis with her since she got to Utah, so we went straight to the tennis courts when we got to the park. I'm pretty sure this was Lauren's first ever attempt at tennis, and I don't really know the rules of tennis either. All I know is hit the ball back and forth... Of course we were awful and neither of us hit much of anything so we resorted to playing on the play ground instead. When Ana got back, she joined us at the park. Ana challenged me to a match of tennis, while the kids were playing, and I accepted. Our match was much better, but I don't think either of us will be competing any time soon. At least we got a good work out, and had a fun time!

The next day Bob and I met the kids at Dani's pool for some swimming. Little did I know the rest of the nieces and nephews would be coming too. It was fun swimming with all the kids, but it seemed like everyone wanted to show me something, wanted me to play a game with them or wanted me to teach them how to swim better. My attention can only stretch so many ways! I ended up having to show Mimi some swim tips and have her practise on her own while I watched the other kids show me their tricks. She was really invested in learning how to swim well, so I may have to give her some one on one time some other day.


 



































Ana and the kids had planned to hit the road on Friday afternoon. I wanted to make sure I got some goodbyes in before I went to work so I met them at the Wild West Jordan park for a pizza picnic. Marcie and Wayne were able to make it out, as well as Tessa and a couple of her kids. We all had a good time visiting, until the rain started. It was a light sprinkle at first, but soon it was really coming down. We all packed up and made our way to Dani's condo, which was the closest. I didn't have much time left before work so I said all my goodbyes and begrudgingly took my leave.

Savannah and I continued our streak of Saturday shopping trips this weekend as we hit the stores for more house decorations. Once we tired of looking at stuff for my house, we made our way to the pet store. As soon as Bob and I are in our house, our next big purchase is going to be a dog, so I wanted to get an idea of what I'm going to need and how much it all will cost. We always have a good time shopping together, and it was nice to be able to bond with my youngest sister.

Showing her true colors....

















































On Sunday we celebrated Savannah's 17th birthday. It was actually last Thursday, but Bob and I had to work, so she kindly delayed her celebration to the weekend when we could come celebrate with her. Once again our family celebrated with a low-key party consisting of my parents, sisters, Bob and I. We all had fun goofing off, wrestling and teasing each other, usually at the birthday girls expense. She's a really good sport though, so she would shrug it off with a laugh or fire back with something as equally mean but hilarious!

 













 

 



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment